Monday, July 20, 2009

Thanks be to God!

I have to take a minute to thank God for 2 wonderful blessings of this past weekend! First and foremost, our little daughter has now passed 2 nights without any noticeable seizures - the first time in months! This is such a gift, a light of hope to a very concerned mama. She had a hard night in other ways last night, but no seizures, so my heart is glad!!

And to add to the joy of a seizure free night, yesterday afternoon we got to see our little girl giggle and laugh with delight in a way I have only seen once before. Mama was dancing around and singing silly music while daddy held her, and baby smiled the biggest, sweetest grin and then giggled and giggled. Both mommy and daddy laughed too and almost cried at such a gift from God.

I am so thankful, and praise God for his Mercy and compassion. I am also so grateful for all the prayers of others for our little girl. I hope that we will have many more days and nights like these!!

2 comments:

Martin said...

That is very good news! Don't get discouraged if she has a few relapses; it might take a while before she is 100% seizure free. Sounds like she's growing out of it, though, which is fantastic!

messy bessy said...

Dear sister. I am so glad to read this post. There is nothing like a happy, healthy baby to make a person realize joy.