Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fifi's Sophie Doll

Hello, every family member out there! my mom made the suggestion that I put my creation
on the blog, so I guess I will!

anyway, a long time ago, my grandma gave me an extremely complicated ( well, I thought it was complicated .) pattern for a doll. this pattern, this six page nightmare for sewing beginners, made me more than a little intimidated.

At first glance, I had a brief suspicion that It was printed in some sort of Egyptian Hieroglyphs,
but i then saw that it was upside down. the cutting out alone took so long that i hoped I'd be done before I was twenty.

but it went fairly well after that, up until the hair. I did the best i could, but Sophie still has a
bald spot on top of her head.

so that is how i made Sophie, the learning doll.

God Bless, Fifi

1 comment:

Gabby said...

Wow, well for being not *quite* twenty (though you are older than I think I can accept), you've done a great job!! Way to stick to it!