Friday, August 1, 2008

This is not my life!




As you will see from the pictures, I am an organized person. I have a laundry room with a folding counter (being used for folding), shelves that contain various laundry/storage things, clean and working machines, bright light, and bare clean tile on the floor. Furthermore, I have three huge sorting bins, which handle all the ordinary laundry of one day in our household of seven (soon to be eight). If I do one-two loads a day, and have the children carry their folded piles up and put them away once every day (usually after lunch or dinner), my machines never runneth over and my heart sings with joy.


However, be it noted that this is all totally new for me -- and this after eleven plus years of motherhood, almost thirteen of marriage. This same laundry room, just a few weeks ago, more closely resembled one of those garbage houses that they find after some batty old lady dies. I don't even want to post a picture. Just think the exact opposite of the photos here, and you get the idea.


The credit for my changed life laundrywise goes completely to my fearless and loving sister AR who does not, apparently, have enough to do with the four children (toddler twins amongst them) and who has at least fourteen extra calories that have somehow not yet been burned.


Thanks, sis! I can hold my head up once again!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Good for you messybessy! I think that, rather than feeling bad about the little length of time it took to get your laundry room to the place you want it, you should be proud that you can give hope to us, the younger wife/mothers in training. I think it is lovely that over a period of time we can still look forward to improvements and victories on the home front! Next up you may be hand-weaving baskets for your bundles of freshly dried herbs, which had been growing lushly in your immaculate backyard garden... it's just a matter of time!

messy bessy said...

Ah, yes. I plan on growing organic cotton, milling and spinning it for my own children to wear. Also, I hear that alpaca farming is a good return on investment.

Wait for further developments. Such as, photos of what the backyard garden REALLY looks like. (It's not called the Guilt No More site for nothing...)