Sunday, November 29, 2009

Simple pleasures here at Casa Almond

For a late Thanksgiving post, I'm going to offer to the three of you who feel obliged to check this blog a partial list of simple pleasures for which I am grateful. No matter how little disposable income a person has, these are things that make her feel rich.

A tablecloth and cloth napkins. Note the Guilt No More candle -- you could have it too! Just send $7.99.
New curtains, using beautiful fabric that my lovely sister-in-law gave me years ago. Bonus: they actually block out sight, unlike the sheers we'd been limping along with.
A crock pot full of homemade chili using the cheapest of ingredients: dried beans, ground turkey, canned tomatoes, bulk spices. It was good, but even better, it was ready to eat when we needed it, almost no work for me.
Banana muffins. Why bake 12 when you can bake 24?
A happy, healthy, loving family. The richest of riches.