Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bread -- for a real family





We love homemade bread, and I love to make it. So today, being such a mild summer day, proved the perfect chance to try a recipe called "Batch Bread." It is recommended for a large family, a small restaurant, or a boarding house! I feel that we qualify. Note that the dough -- which weighed more than five pounds, which I know because I added an entire five-pound bag of flour and then some) -- did its main rising in my Ginormous Family Dutch Oven ("heavy enough to kill an intruder!").
Updates will appear on the quality of the bread. For now, Messy Bessy is basking in the Ma Ingalls moment.


1 comment:

Alicia said...

WOW!!!!! All that bread, and it looks amazing! Did you kill yourself kneading it all? I am very very impressed... and just a bit jealous.... :)