Saturday, March 22, 2008

Processed Wonderful Pregnancy Food!!!


Good Day to You Family!
Above and below I have provided a few photos of what I was allowed to get away with yesterday at the grocery store. The joys of pregnancy abound! The crown jewel (which even the pregnant wife couldn't help scorning even in her condition) is a yogurt that is "kid friendly" which means that it contains M&Ms to spice up that otherwise dreary and boring vanilla extra-sweetened yogurt. This "kid friendly" yogurt clocks in at 200 calories, has 30 grams of sugar and 15% of your daily value for saturated fats. I feel its my duty as a father to sample these kid friendly items to determine what is suitable for a little shim. Now, these bad boys also set you back about $1.00 each, so to make Shim the "cool kid" at school, we'll, naturally, have to supply one a day for each school day which will approximately equal (5 school days * 4 weeks a month * 9 school months *1$ each ) $180/3600 calories alone for cool yogurt + additional yogurts for after school snacks and yogurts to impress little friends. Needless to say I think Breyers will benefit greatly from the additional of our little friend in the world. Now if you are a senior family in our little organization and have a few more mouths to feed, for example the N-crew, your bill will be multiplied 6 fold to equal $1080 a school year just to compete with our yogurt coolness. Just remember, Yo-Crunch, as its called, comes with added Vitamins A&D and live and active cultures, so that is a small price to pay for your child's health :)

Joe
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Gabby said...

NO I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ANY OF THOSE PURCHASES!!!!!!!

We were on an Easter shopping expedition at the grocery store, and while I was perfectly excited for all the homemade Easter treats to be made this weekend, Joe snuck those offending items into our cart (or "carriage" as they call them out here) without my knowledge. He is just taking advantage of my condition to get junky food and expensive yogurts. Let none of you think I am such an out-of-control preggo that I sit around eating Donettes and Double-Stuf Oreos all day. Because I don't.

Not that I won't be eating them now that we have them. Waste not, want not!

Once again, we see that I have to set the record straight on my husband's fantabulous "pregnancy stories". Let's just all remember that he's called D-Max for a reason.

Alicia said...

MMMMMmmmmmmmm Yo-Crunch... "Moms! It's a part of your kids' healthy breakfast!"

I love fantabulous preggo stories, so keep em coming!

messy bessy said...

My poor husband. Pregnancy makes me even more picky and unable to eat things like the above. The only way for him to really go wild, esp. when I am prego, is for me to go away.

Hence, last weekend I went on a three and a half day silent retreat in Wisconsin. And let it be known: before leaving, I bought a box of Cap'n Crunch! For him! And two jumbo cans of generic raviolis smothered in unnaturally red "tomato" sauce!

He purchased the pizza rolls and chicken fingers after I left.